- Learn the technical and scientific issues specific to the development of culture processes and biorefinery of microalgae;
- Be able to manage a research project or industrial development for the enhancement of microalgae for a given sector;
- Be familiar with the industrial exploitation of microalgae issues;
- To be able to handle multi-sectoral projects;
- Manage projects in connection with the issue of circular economy involving the cultivation of microalgae
Students enroll for a 2 semester program (second year of the Master’s). A total of 60 ECTS must be validated to graduate. For candidates entering the first year of Master’s Degree (PM3E, Mines Nantes), the program will deliver fundamentals in process engineering and project management before entering the second year of the Master’s Degree (Master’s PM3E for details). All courses are taught in English. French courses are organised for foreign students. A French Summer School is also available on request (see language chapter).
This Master degree will cover theoretical and practical aspects necessary to develop industrial processes for microalgae valorization, from culture to final refining of produced biomass in extracted products. This international Master's Degree is integrated in a two-year program in Process and Bioprocess engineering, with 3 academic semesters (lectures in English) and a 6-month internship in industry or in a research laboratory.